Setting The Expectations & Getting StartedIf you're new to trading futures or Forex, there are a few things you need to set up first, and this could take some time. For starters, you'll need a broker account for what you plan on trading. This is where all your capital will be stored and what will be used for auto trading. If you already have a compatible broker, that will save you time from filling out the forms and waiting for acceptance of your account. If you don't already have a broker, then you can visit our supported brokers page, or go through the setup wizard for getting that started. Some special notes to make here:
- NinjaTrader Brokerage requires a special form to be filled out if you want to use a sub account. You will need a sub account if your going to manually trade. On the form simply put "I need an auto trading account as i want to manually trade in one account and use automated trading in another and I do not want them to conflict.
- Interactive Brokers requires a special form to be filled out and sent to do auto trading please let us know in the help desk if you need this form.
- Amp does not require this form to setup a sub account you simply do in your amp login area under accounts. .
- For trading Forex, if you're inside the United States, you'll need to use Oanda, and if you're outside the US, you can use FXCM or Interactive Brokers. At this time we only have Futures Auto Trading Plans
After obtaining a broker, and then funding it, you'll then require approval from your broker to auto trade on your account. After you sign up and set up auto trading for the first time from any available strategy, an email is sent to your broker for approval. This process could take from 1 to 3 business days. Brokers must make sure that the appropriate acknowledgement forms and fees are applied to your account. NinjaTrader Brokerage will send an email to you usualy within 1-2 business days that you MUST reply to in order to have your auto trading approved. The email is simply a confirmation email that you want to do auto trading. Other brokers usually do not send this email and will changed your status from pending approval to approved. This will only have to happen once for each broker you set up. If you decide to swap trading systems/strategies and will be using the same broker, then you won't need to go through approval process again.
With the time gate in mind, you will want to have your broker account open and funded before subscrbing as it can sometimes take some time to setup a trading account and fund it. At any time while you are waiting for approval of autotrading on a funded account, at your option, you're still able to trade the system manually if you wish. You can get real time, in your face notifications by clicking on the bell icon in the strategy details page for a particular strategy you're subscribed to. You may also receive emails when a trade is made in the system.
- Clicking on your name in the upper right corner and select "General Account Settings".
- Click the "Emails" tab.
- Check the box "Send emails for buy/sell signals" for selected strategies.
To set up text messages:
- Click your name in the upper right corner and select General Account Settings.
- Once you are in the Account Management page, select the Emails tab.
- Enter your cell phone email address or an alternate email address in the Alternate email address box. Check off box if you want to continue to receive email trade signals via the original email address we have on file. If you need help finding your cell phone email address? Click here: http://sms411.net/how-to-send-email-to-a-phone/
- Check box to receive the emails in SMS (text message) format to the alternate email address you just entered above.
- Click Submit.